Table of Contents
19th DIRAC Working Group Meeting 2016, Odense, May 29th - June 1st (Arrival May 28th)
For new people
The DIRAC meeting is a family reunion for DIRAC developers and DIRAC friends. It is a nice opportunity to meet the people behind the DIRAC code. There is no registration fee but for organization purposes please let Hans Jørgen know that you want to come.
Most people will stay at the campground (more info below). The cabins are very good comfort, not expensive, and it's fun to be there. Book them well in advance.
We will discuss science but a significant part of the program is reserved to discuss the future of the DIRAC code, programming, code maintenance, release planning, as well as for programming task groups.
The meeting program is self-organised, simply add talks and discussion points to the program.
How to get to Odense
Typically you will fly to Copenhagen or Billund and then take the train. From Odense train station you can take the bus or share cab to the DCU-Camping Odense.
Make your cabin reservation at DCU-Camping Odense. The cabins can accommodate 3-4 people so organize with others. Use the dirac-developers mailing list.
- old-style cabin U6: Trond and Luuk
- Fynbus web page is here
- regular bus tickets cost DKK 23 for a single ride (including changing lines) and are valid for 1 hour.
- alternatively you can “rent” a bus card at the 7-eleven store at the train station (deposit DKK 50 + DKK 10 per prepaid bus ride with this card. E.g. you ask for a card with 6 rides, cost DKK 110). Using this card the cost for a bus ride reduces to DKK 10.
- arriving by train you can use your train ticket for the bus and get a free ride (to the campground).
- bus routes (line 21)
Participants (please add yourself)
- Hans Jørgen Aa. Jensen, Odense
- Trond Saue, Toulouse
- Luuk Visscher, Amsterdam
- Ismail Aydin, Amsterdam
- Ben Helmich-Paris, Amsterdam
- Stefan Knecht, Zürich (leaving on Tuesday afternoon)
- Sebastian Keller, Zürich
- Tjerk Straatsma, Oak Ridge
- Miro Ilias, Darmstadt/Banska Bystrica
- Andre Gomes, Lille
- Avijit Shee, Lille
- Radovan Bast, Tromsø
- Elke Fasshauer, Tromsø
- Markus Pernpointner, Heidelberg
- Stanislav Komorovsky, Tromsø
Work tasks (please add tasks)
- Update Dokuwiki
- Make pam ready for Python 3 (possibly by a complete rewrite)
Prologue: Saturday May 28
- 19:00 Mongolian BBQ
Sunday May 29
The state of affairs
- 09:00 – 09:15 Opening, discussion of meeting program (Hans Jørgen)
- 09:15 – 09:30 Introduction round (everybody)
- 09:30 – 11:30 Overview of current and planned DIRAC developments by node leaders
- 11:30 – 12:00 Task group formation
- 12:00 – 13:30
- 13:30 – 17:30 Collaborative session (joint papers, joint programming efforts). Make your own planning for this. If you have no collaborative efforts there is always quite some work to do on issues fixing and documentation.
- 20:00 – 21:30 The big soccer match on the Odense campground (bring shoes !)
Monday May 30
Science with DIRAC
- 09:00 – 09:30 Relativistic low-order scaling approaches (Ben Helmich-Paris)
- 09:30 – 10:00 The f-in-core approximation (Ismail Aydin)
- 10:00 – 10:30 Coupled cluster expectation values (Avijit/Trond)
- 10:30 – 11:00 coffee break
- 11:00 – 11:30 Progress on FDE second-order magnetic properties (Andre)
- 11:30 – 12:00 DMRG in Dirac: current status and a look ahead (Stefan)
- 12:00 – 12:30 New constants of motions for Dirac-Coulomb Hamiltonian (Stano)
- 12:30 – 12:45 My PhD-topic and what I wish to accomplish with DIRAC (Merlijn Mertens, Ghent)
- 13:00 – 14:00
Infrastructure for correlated calculations (discussion sessions)
- 14:00 – 14:30 Update on the CAAR program (Tjerk)
- 14:30 – 15:00 AO to MO transformation (including integral generation)
- 15:00 – 15:30 Joint parallel infrastructure (tensor contraction, quaternion linear algebra, etc.)
- 15:30 – 16:00 Break
- 16:00 – 16.30 Symmetry handling in correlated calculations
- 16:30 – 17:00 Property evaluation in correlated calculations (density matrix MO-to-AO, etc.)
- 20:45 Dinner
Tuesday May 31
Towards DIRAC16 and DIRAC17
- 09:00 – 09:30 Radovan: About CodeRefinery and how it can add value to the DIRAC project
- 09:30 – 10:00 Radovan: Introduction to code review and the open source development model + live demo
- 10:00 – 10:30 Miro: Experiences with the DIRAC development and the development tools
- 10:30 – 11:00 coffee break
- 11:00 – 12:00 Discussion: Release process, management, and dates
- 12:00 – 13:00
- 13:00 – 13:30 Radovan: Library design the hard way
- 13:30 – 14:00 All: Discussion and decision on version requirements for tools (git, cmake, etc.)
- 14:00 – 14:30 All: Discussion on the future of the CMake code. Radovan got us into it, Radovan can get us out. We need a constructive perspective for the future: either collaborative Makefile or collaborative CMake. So prepare suggestions and let's talk about it. No problem for Radovan to reintroduce the previous scheme.
- 14:30 – 18:00 Work on https://gitlab.com/dirac/dirac/issues and clean up of stale branches
Wednesday June 1
Science with DIRAC / Loose ends
- 09:00 – 12:00 Additional talks (if not enough slots on Monday) + everything else not completed
- 12:00 – 13:00