Table of Contents
25th DIRAC Working Group Meeting 2022, Odense, May 30th - June 2nd (Arrival May 29th)
FKF Meeting Room (FKF Møderum Ø10-412-2)
To get the SDU map link to the meeting room, type FKF in the search field at this link: SDU Møderum
For new people
The DIRAC meeting is a family reunion for DIRAC developers and DIRAC friends. It is a nice opportunity to meet the people behind the DIRAC code. There is no registration fee but for organization purposes please add yourself to the participant list below (send an e-mail to Hans Jørgen using hjj at sdu.dk if you do not have editing permission to this page).
Most people will stay at the campground (more info below). The cabins are very good comfort, not expensive, and it's fun to be there. Book them well in advance.
We will discuss science but a significant part of the program is reserved to discuss the future of the DIRAC code, programming, code maintenance, release planning, as well as for programming task groups.
The meeting program is self-organised, simply add talks and discussion points to the program.
How to get to Odense
Typically you will fly to Copenhagen and then take the train or fly to Billund and then take bus to Vejle plus train Vejle-Odense. From Odense train station you can take bus 61 or 62 (in the right direction!) or share cab to the DCU-Camping Odense. If you arrive to Odense by train on a regular train ticket, then the bus from the railway station to the camp ground (or any other destination in Odense) is included in the train ticket.
Make your cabin reservation at DCU-Camping Odense. The cabins can accommodate 3-4 people so organize with others. Use the dirac-developers mailing list.
A downtown hotel at the railway station: CABINN Odense Hotel. You can find other hotels from around 500 DKK per night by searching google for “hotels Odense” and some BBs to less than 500 DKK. Note that hotels might be cheaper via their own web site than on hotels.com etc.
- Fynbus web page is here. Notice that there is a Fynbus app.
- Regular bus tickets for local travel in Odense cost DKK 24 in cash for a single ride (including changing lines) and are valid for 1 hour.
- With the fynbus app it is the same price, but you will be able to pay with your credit card. The ticket must be bought before entering the bus and you show the ticket on your smart phone when you enter the bus.
- Bus routes Railway station - campground (line 61-62)
- Bus routes Railway station - university (line 41-44)
- A map of all bus lines in Odense can be found here
- Arriving by train to Odense on a regular train ticket (not discount “orange ticket” bought on http://www.dsb.dk/en/) you can use your train ticket for the bus and get a free ride (to the campground).
- (Not recommended by Hans Jørgen, unless you plan to travel in Denmark regularly.) You can buy a public transport card (“Rejsekort anonymous”) valid in entire Denmark already at the airport in Copenhagen which you can charge and use for all train and bus rides. However it is quite expensive in start-up fee (110 DKK) + 600 DKK pre-paid to be able to use it for national travel (e.g. to CPH-Odense). In general, you have to charge it with enough money in a “Rejsekort automat” for any travel before the travel. As far as we can see you cannot get a refund of unused money. Furthermore, without a Danish address you won't be able to get receipt for the different travelled distances.http://www.rejsekort.dk
Participants (please add yourself)
Please note arrival and departure if you will not participate the whole time.
- Hans Jørgen Aa. Jensen, Odense
- Trond Saue, Toulouse
- Ayaki Sunaga, Kyoto (online)
- Andre Gomes, Lille
- Xiang Yuan, Lille
- Martin van Horn, Toulouse
- Erik Hedegård, Odense
- Joel Creutzberg, Lund
- Mauricio Rodríguez-Mayorga, Amsterdam
- Maen Salman, Toulouse
- Jan Brandejs, Toulouse
- Johann Pototschnig, Toulouse
- Gosia Olejniczak, Warsaw (online)
- Stefan Knecht (online)
- Lucas Visscher
Work tasks (please add tasks)
Possible items for the meeting, to be scheduled later
Prologue: Sunday May 29
Monday May 30
The state of affairs
- 09:00 – 09:15 Opening, discussion of meeting program (Hans Jørgen)
- 09:15 – 09:30 Introduction round (everybody)
- 09:30 – 11:30 Overview of current and planned DIRAC developments by node leaders
- 11:30 – 12:00 Task group formation
- 12:00 – 13:30
- 13:30 – 14:00 (re)design considerations – Lucas Visscher
- 14:00 – 14.30 Exacorr updates – Andre Gomes
- 14:30 – 15.15 Programming environment for CC developments (formula generation, tensor libraries) – Jan Brandejs
- 15.15 – 17.30 Exacorr related programming/discussion tasks
- 13:30 – 17:30 For those not involved in ExaCorr. Joint papers, joint programming efforts : make your own planning for this. If you have no collaborative efforts there is always quite some work to do on issues fixing and documentation.
Tuesday May 31
Science with DIRAC
- 09:00 – 09:30 Basis Set Requirements of Non-Dipolar Effects - Martin van Horn
- 09:30 – 10:00 Polarizable Embedding with the Relativistic Complex Polarization Propagator - Joel Creutzberg
- 10:00 – 10:30 Relativistic effects on electronic pair densities: an intracule and extracule probability densities perspective - Mauricio Rodríguez-Mayorga
- 10:30 – 11:00 coffee break
- 11:00 – 11:30 ExaCorr updates: MP2 Frozen natural orbitals - Xiang Yuan
- 11:30 – 12:00 Vacuum polarization correction to the Dirac theory - Maen Salman
- 12:10 – 13:30
Science with DIRAC (afternoon)
- 13:30 – 14:15 Discussion: Tailored CC – Jan Brandejs (hybrid session with Jiri Pittner)
- 14:30 – 16:00 Collaborative work.
- 14:30 - 16:00 MCSCF guided tour (HJJ, Martin, Trond)
- 16:00 – 17:30 Discussion about Dirac23 release.
- 19:45 Dinner at Storms Pakhus
Wednesday June 1
- 09:00 – 09:30 Discuss simplified installation using Conda (or similar, e.g. Spack) – Lucas Visscher
- 09:30 – 10:00 Gitlab changes – what do we need to do ? – Lucas Visscher
- 10:00 – 10.30 Discussion - design patterns for handling real-space data (refactoring VISUAL module) - Gosia (online); Link to notes
- 11:00 – 11:30 Breit Term - A Classical Viewpoint – Johann Pototschnig
- 11:30 – 12:00 IT-students in the DIRAC service – Miro Iliaš (via Zoom)
Technical issues (discussion sessions)
- 13:30 – 15:00
- 15:00 – 17:30
Thursday June 2
- 09:00 – 17:30 Collaborative session (joint papers, joint programming efforts).