Table of Contents
22nd DIRAC Working Group Meeting 2019, Odense, May 26th - 29th (Arrival May 25th)
FKF kollokvierum ( Where is that room?)
For new people
The DIRAC meeting is a family reunion for DIRAC developers and DIRAC friends. It is a nice opportunity to meet the people behind the DIRAC code. There is no registration fee but for organization purposes please add yourself to the participant list below (send an e-mail to Hans Jørgen using hjj at sdu.dk if you do not have editing permission to this page).
Most people will stay at the campground (more info below). The cabins are very good comfort, not expensive, and it's fun to be there. Book them well in advance.
We will discuss science but a significant part of the program is reserved to discuss the future of the DIRAC code, programming, code maintenance, release planning, as well as for programming task groups.
The meeting program is self-organised, simply add talks and discussion points to the program.
How to get to Odense
Typically you will fly to Copenhagen and then take the train or fly to Billund and then take bus to Vejle plus train Vejle-Odense. From Odense train station you can take bus 61 or 62 (in the right direction!) or share cab to the DCU-Camping Odense. If you arrive to Odense by train on a regular train ticket, then the bus from the railway station to the camp ground (or any other destination in Odense) is included in the train ticket.
Make your cabin reservation at DCU-Camping Odense. The cabins can accommodate 3-4 people so organize with others. Use the dirac-developers mailing list.
A downtown hotel at the railway station: CABINN Odense Hotel. You can find other hotels from around 500 DKK per night by searching google for “hotels Odense” and some BBs to less than 500 DKK. Note that hotels might be cheaper via their own web site than on hotels.com etc.
- Fynbus web page is here. Notice that there is a Fynbus app.
- Regular bus tickets for local travel in Odense cost DKK 24 in cash for a single ride (including changing lines) and are valid for 1 hour.
- With the fynbus app it is the same price, but you will be able to pay with your credit card. The ticket must be bought before entering the bus and you show the ticket on your smart phone when you enter the bus.
- Bus routes Railway station - campground (line 61-62)
- Bus routes Railway station - university (line 41-44)
- A map of all bus lines in Odense can be found here
- Arriving by train to Odense on a regular train ticket (not discount “orange ticket” bought on http://www.dsb.dk/en/) you can use your train ticket for the bus and get a free ride (to the campground).
- (Not recommended by Hans Jørgen, unless you plan to travel in Denmark regularly.) You can buy a public transport card (“Rejsekort anonymous”) valid in entire Denmark already at the airport in Copenhagen which you can charge and use for all train and bus rides. However it is quite expensive in start-up fee (110 DKK) + 600 DKK pre-paid to be able to use it for national travel (e.g. to CPH-Odense). In general, you have to charge it with enough money in a “Rejsekort automat” for any travel before the travel. As far as we can see you cannot get a refund of unused money. Furthermore, without a Danish address you won't be able to get receipt for the different travelled distances.http://www.rejsekort.dk
Participants (please add yourself)
Please note arrival and departure if you will not participate the whole time.
- Hans Jørgen Aa. Jensen, Odense
- Trond Saue, Toulouse
- Luuk Visscher, Amsterdam
- Stan Papadopoulos, Amsterdam
- Martin van Horn, Toulouse
- Pi Haase, Groningen
- Andre Gomes, Lille
- Marta Lopez Vidal, Copenhagen
- Radovan Bast, Tromsø
- Ayaki Sunaga, Toulouse
- Maen Salman, Toulouse
- Alexander Efremov, Toulouse
- Miroslav Ilias, Banska Bystrica
- Michal Repisky, Tromsø
- Erik Hedegård, Lund (from 25.05 to 27.05 evening).
- Joel Creutzberg, Lund (from 25.05 to 28.05 evening)
- Johann Pototschnig, Amsterdam
- Timo Fleig, Toulouse [ill, can not come]
- Anna Kristina Schnack-Petersen, Copenhagen
- Sasan Moradi, Iran
- Gosia Olejniczak, Warsaw
- Erik Kjellgren, Odense
- Peter Reinholdt, Odense
- Eugene Gvozdetsky, Amsterdam
- Elke Fasshauer (tuesday afternoon)
Work tasks (please add tasks)
- Evaluating and (possibly) improving/updating cmake setup structure
- Finish ExaCorr-ReSpect interface (Stan, Michal)
- Work on Incite proposal
- Problems with documentation build: Could not import extension matplotlib.sphinxext.only_directives (exception: No module named 'matplotlib.sphinxext.only_
- Testing set up (more runners, only test master)
Possible items for the meeting, to be scheduled later
- Dirac documentation, all and only on readthedocs ?
- Evaluation of using Zenodo for distribution
Prologue: Saturday May 25
Sunday May 26
The state of affairs
- 09:00 – 09:15 Opening, discussion of meeting program (Hans Jørgen)
- 09:15 – 09:30 Introduction round (everybody)
- 09:30 – 11:30 Overview of current and planned DIRAC developments by node leaders
- 11:30 – 12:00 Task group formation
- 12:00 – 13:30
- 13:30 – 17:30 Collaborative session (joint papers, joint programming efforts). Make your own planning for this. If you have no collaborative efforts there is always quite some work to do on issues fixing and documentation.
- 16:00 – 17:00
Monday May 27
Science with DIRAC
- 09:00 – 09:30 Loïc Halbert / Andre Gomes - Approximate EOM-CCSD
- 09:30 – 10:00 Joel Creutzberg - TBA
- 10:00 – 10:30 Marta L. Vidal - CVS-EOM-CC to Study X-Ray Spectroscopy
- 10:30 – 11:00 coffee break
- 11:00 – 11:30 Miroslav Iliaš - Theoretical Study of Molecular and Adsorption Properties of Group 6, 7 and 8 Heavy and Super-heavy Metal Carbonyls
- 11:30 – 12:00 Johann Pototschnig - Towards Coupled Cluster for Lanthanides
- 12:10 – 13:30
Science with DIRAC (afternoon)
- 13:30 – 14:00 Stan Papadopoulos - Coupled-Cluster with ExaTENSOR/TAL-SH
- 14:00 – 17:30 Collaborative work.
Coupled Cluster in DIRAC
- 16:00 – 17:00 Discussion on synchronizing our efforts (Avijit Shee also joins via skype)
Tuesday May 28
- 09:00 – 09:30 “Molecular calculations with effective QED potentials”, Ayaki Sunaga
- 09:30 – 10:00 “Free-particles and charge conjugation in the finite basis approximation”, Maen Salman
- 10:00 – 10.30 “From the Dirac equation to QED:, Alexander Efremov
- 11:00 – 11:30 “Visualization in chemistry - the Topological Data Analysis perspective”, Gosia Olejniczak
- 11:30 – 12:00 “Finite field results for hyperfine constants with CC and FSCC”, Pi Haase
Technical issues (discussion sessions)
- 13:30 – 14:00 Use of BLAS/LAPACK (technical / licensing issues)
- 14:00 – 14:30 Open science, open source, and DIRAC (Radovan)
- 14:30 – 15:00 Parselglossy: Generic input parsing library, speaking in tongues (Radovan)
- 15:00 – 15:30 Skype session with Dmitry Lyakh about Incite (PIs for this)
- 15:00 – 15:30 Break (others)
- 16:00 – 17:30 Discussion about Dirac19 release.
- 19:00 Dinner at Storms Pakhus (close to the railway station)
Wednesday May 29
- 09:00 – 17:30 Collaborative session (joint papers, joint programming efforts).